Punch Art Think Crafts Guest Blogger December 18, 2011WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• E.K. Success punch - Photo label
• E.K. Success Paper Shaper punch - ¾” x 1 ½” oval
• Martha Stewart punch – Pop up Water Lily
• Martha Stewart punch – Medium Holly
• Any Edge punch – I used Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace
• White, Tan, Silver and Red cardstock
• Green glitter cardstock
• Sakura 3D crystal lacquer or Judi Kins Diamond Glaze
• The Art Institute Glitter- Christmas Red
• Rotary cutter
• Cutting mat
• Glue or Pop up dots
1. Trim white card stock with Rotary cutter to 8”x10”
Score the cardstock in the middle at the 5” line and use a bone folder to crease the edge of paper to form a card 5” x 8”.
2. Using Rotary cutter trim Tan cardstock to 5”x8” and use glue to adhere to front of card.
3. Use Eyelet Lace Edge punch to create two red and silver cardstock strips for top and bottom of card. Slightly overlap silver cardstock while gluing red piece on top. Trim completed pieces to 5” and glue on top and bottom of card.
4. Punch out two red cardstock pieces from Photo Label and use middle shape to create candle. Take Crystal lacquer or Diamond glaze and create drips down top of candles, sprinkle red glitter shake off excess. Set aside to dry.
5. Punch two red cardstock pieces from oval, trim one side so it looks like a wick, coat with glaze, let dry.
6. Punch out 4 Water Lily pieces from red cardstock, coat with glaze and sprinkle red glitter on top. Set aside to dry.
7. Punch out 8 Holly leaves from green glitter cardstock.
8. When everything is dry glue wick slightly underneath candle, glue candles to front of card. Attach Water Lilies and leaves to complete card.