Sunday, December 15, 2013

Making Toys & Glowing Street Lamp

Making toys
 
I wanted to double up my posts so I could make sure all my Holiday cards get posted before the big day. I really like the Memory Box Classic Staircase die but have been having problems figuring out how to best use it in a card. As you can see I cut a separate piece of patterned paper and created a scene then added a little mounting tape so it pops up from the card.

I first die cut the stairs and used mounting tape behind it then added the garland, stocking, tree, lights and left over pieces I had cut from the Christmas tag.  Then I die cut the window and added the Santa behind it attach the trimmed Valencia Border on top and the remaining stocking and foliage. The picture really does not show the stairs are slightly lifted from the card.

Materials:
Papertrey In The Meadow Silhouettes - Tree
Poppystamps - Grand Madison Window & Sparkling Tree Lights
Memory Box Cheerful Stockings, Classic Staircase & Valencia Border (top of window)
Santa Christmas Tag (trimmed off Santa for window and used present and drum for tree)
Martha Stewart branch punch (railing foliage)
Mounting Tape (used behind separate staircase piece)

Glowing Street Lamp

Materials:
Poppystamps Petit Four Border, Village Lamp Post & Small Pine Branch
Memory Box Wrought Iron Fence
Cardinal Stickers
Faux Snow

12 comments:

  1. You've created two more very beautiful scene cards, Diane! You did a fabulous job using that staircase die! Love both of these! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, these are amazing and so beautiful. I love the way you did the staircase - it looks real! Very pretty scene for Christmas.
    The red birds in that second card are wonderful too!
    Fantastic cards!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Diane you make the most stunning "scene" cards and these are no exception. Stunning absolutely stunning.
    Have a great day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic Diane, love both of your cards, the sences you create with the dies are amazing, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, shame to give them away!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, these are exceptional- but the glowing street lamp has something special about it that makes me imagine it in a dark night with snowflakes dancing around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both scenes are wonderful Diane and so perfect for this time of the year! I know the recipients will be thrilled for sure! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely projects! The street lamp is such a pretty scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The street lamp appears to actually be glowing. I adore Jolly Santa in the window with the doll. Beautiful cards. Creative Joy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been scrolling up and back and enjoying all the posts I've missed as you've shared your many gorgeous Christmas cards, Diane! I stopped on this one because I had to tell you that your pretty Santa card gave me a chuckle. At first glance, I thought that he was trying to come in through the window! Happy holidays! I look forward to visiting in 2014!! Holly Jolly Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow…two amazing cards with terrific scenes. Great use of the dies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis